Saturday 25 February 2012

A beery Saturday

Today we resurrected my grandpa's fermenting barrel (see left, sans tap), which brought me great joy - both because I'm carrying on a family pastime and because we successfully reused something rather than buying new.

We're really lucky as we have a 'Hop Inn' locally  where we can get good brewing supplies (pictures below), and we were happy to only have to buy a replacement lid/valve and some more tubing. Total cost = about half that of a new barrel (so I reckon that's half way to barrel #3!).




Home brewing is one of those things I always wanted to do, and it gives me great satisfaction to have home-brew to offer people when they come over. We have yet to progress onto more complex things such as wine, but I think it's a good start!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment