Sunday 20 May 2012

Rhizobia at the Chelsea Flower Show

Exciting times! This week I will be attending the Chelsea Flower Show - but not just as a guest. I have been invited by the Society for General Microbiology to help out at their stand, which is all about the role of micro-organisms in your garden.I will of course be telling people all about what rhizobia can do for you!

There seems to be a lot of interest in climate change at this year's CFS, which was mentioned in the Metro on 8th May. This of course fits right in with my research, and my favourite plant, lucerne. In light of this, the SGM have put together a podcast about the 'New Green Revolution' which features me explaining all about rhizobia and why they're so great. If you always wanted to know, I'd give it a listen here.

Thankfully I have quite a few breaks to go exploring and find out a bit about what other like-minded people are up to. I will be taking my camera to record my findings... more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment