Saturday 22 December 2012

No 'poo #2 - lentil shampoo

As the simplest recipe I found, I decided to try this one first.

Ingredients:

4 tbsp dry lentils - I used red lentils, but any kind of dal will do
water to soak

Method:
Soak the lentils overnight (or until hydrated), and then use enough water and a whizzer to make them into a paste. Use like normal shampoo.

This is incredibly easy to make. I left it on longer than regular shampoo - I figured the longer the better. It smells very fresh (and lentilly) and did a surprisingly good job of cleaning my hair. The main drawback is that it took ages to get all the bits of lentil out of my hair - in the end I let it dry and combed them out. On the up side, because they weren't too small they did come out easily.

Verdict:
Pretty good considering it costs next to nothing, but not something to use when you're in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment