Monday 19 December 2011

About me

My name is Bee, and I am a PhD student in agriculture, studying the diversity of a nifty bacteria called rhizobia which, through a relationship with legumes fixes nitrogen in the soil (you may remember it from GCSE science). This means I meet a lot of interesting people, and learn a lot of interesting stuff. It also means my work is never done!

I love nature, people, growing my own food (and doing a bit of foraging, too), being creative (mainly knitting, crochet and making a mess with paints) learning, and reading stories. On any given day, the chances are that I would rather be at the allotment with my husband, or pottering in the garden with the cat - unless I'm already there, in which case I'm as happy as anyone could be.

When I'm done I want to work alongside farmers and community groups, helping people to grow food and translating academic-ese into language people (including myself!) can understand. I could also be tempted into any number of jobs that feature the words 'organic', 'Fairtrade', 'policy' or 'development'...

I've started this blog to share some of my experiences, pictures and links. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment