Thursday 5 January 2012

Cruelty free cosmetics

Further to the New Year cut backs, I'm going to have to find cheaper cosmetics than I currently use (Lush, Body Shop etc.). While I am a particular fan of Lush stuff (have been since it was Cosmetics to Go) as all the ingredients are good enough to eat, I realise that most of the ingredients in Body Shop stuff are no different to what I might find in Superdrug.

Obviously I'd rather support a local/ethical company than head to the high street, but needs must. So what's the best I can do? Well, a very short search led me to discover that the wee bunny I see on lots of beauty and cleaning products means that they are cruelty free i.e. none of the ingredients, nor the product itself, or nuffin', has been near a bunny's eyeball - or any part of any animal in a testing laboratory. More info available here.



So while I will still need to make up my mind about which synthetic chemicals I wish to apply to my face, at least I will be easily able to choose ones that haven't made anything else suffer!

No comments:

Post a Comment