Monday 14 July 2014

#whole30 #day1

So, as my lovely brother has agreed to accompany me on this adventure, we have to start today so he can go to a beer festival at the end... (I know, right?) (love you lil bro ;) )

The problem is that I'm going to be working away from home for a week at Rothamsted, and staying up at 'the manor' - the old manor house which presumably once housed the chap who founded Rothamsted (I's look it up if my brain weren't already full) where visiting students now get housed.

The only problem with this is that my sole means of cooking for myself this week will be a suite of microwaves - goodbye rice cooker, goodbye toasted nuts and seeds, goodbye flavour in general.

For this reason I have decided to allow rice in my diet - at least for this first week. It forms a staple of my diet generally, and I'm fairly sure I'm ok with it. There are only so many sweet potatoes I can eat.

Of course, being busy, I didn't manage to get pictures of my food today, so-

Breakfast - banana, black tea, brazil nuts

Lunch - leftover Japanese food from meal out yesterday in London (they did me a doggy bag :D) : rice, salmon, lettucey salad stuff

Dinner - sweet potato, chicken, veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment